‘You’re a scared fighter’ – Nate Diaz joins Conor McGregor in taking shot at Khabib Nurmagomedov after his UFC Hall of Fame induction
UFC superstar Nate Diaz has called Khabib Nurmagomedov a “scared fighter” after the former lightweight champion was recently inducted into the Hall of Fame.
Khabib and longtime teammate Daniel Cormier were honored ahead of UFC 276 in Las Vegas earlier in July, and it drew a strong backlash from Conor McGregor, who denounced the retired Russian on social media.
Diaz has now taken aim at ‘The Eagle’, calling him a ‘scared fighter’ and punching holes in his perfect 29-0 record that makes him one of the greatest of all time in the eyes of many MMA fans.
“Khabib is also a fucking little b****. Who did he beat for the title? He has Dustin Poirier and Justin Gaethje? They were both finished over and over again the same way he beat them,” Diaz said on The MMA Hour.
” You’re not good. You’re a scared fighter, scared to fight all the time, and now you’re in the hall of fame with them?
“I was here before the Hall of Fame appeared, actually. Now you’re a Hall of Famer? I don’t even want anything to do with the Hall of Fame – the Hall of Fame is a joke too – but… the Ultimate Fighter here.
At just 32 years old, Nurmagomedov retired while still at the top of his game and with plenty of lucrative fights in his future.
Despite the best efforts of UFC President Dana White, the MMA great ultimately relinquished his belt and left the USADA testing pool, cementing his retirement, which appears to be permanent.
Woods, Els and Hovland discover the perils of the Old Course at The Open
‘2000-pound gorilla’ Conor McGregor beats trainer in first grappling session in a year
Deontay Wilder’s manager rules out fight with Derek Chisora after Brit call
Homa is golf’s answer to Newcastle star and gets Woods’ wish after practice round plea
Fury had concussion, ‘massive swelling’ and feared brain damage after Wilder fight
Home state clash marred by three concussions in four minutes, fights and blood
‘I’m not walking away from F1’ – says Ricciardo despite four-way battle for seat
Woods could urge Voice of Golf to retire, but McIlroy and Spieth tipped the Open
During his time away from the sport, he had fun and put on a few extra pounds while starting his own MMA promotion – Eagle FC – which quickly established itself as one of the best, attracting top talent.
Diaz has only one fight on his current contract and has been asking the UFC to find him an opponent for months, but his cries seem to have fallen on deaf ears.
The 37-year-old recently claimed he was being held hostage by the UFC, who have kept him out since suffering a lopsided decision loss to Leon Edwards at UFC 263 in June. 2021.
In an ideal world, Diaz wants to secure a short notice fight at UFC 277 on July 30 before leaving the promotion to explore the lucrative free agency market and a potential boxing match with Jake Paul.