Watford v Chelsea live stream and squad news: Blues face ex-boss Ranieri in Premier League clash
| Top stories | Today Headlines
Premier League leaders Chelsea will be looking to find their way back to victory when they travel to Watford on Wednesday.
Chelsea drew with Manchester United on Sunday as second-place Man City closed the gap to the top.
The Blues will now take a familiar face in Claudio Ranieri.
Former Chelsea boss Ranieri saw his Watford side lose 1-0 to Southampton this weekend.
The Hornets must take points soon and start moving away from the relegation zone.
Watford vs Chelsea: date and time
This Premier League shock will take place on Wednesday, December 1.
The clash will take place at Vicarage Road with a kick-off time at 7:30 p.m.
Chelsea beat Watford at home and away last season, including a 2-1 win in that game.
Watford v Chelsea: how to follow
Updates will be broadcast live on talkSPORT throughout the evening.
The game will be streamed live on Amazon Prime and customers will be able to stream it live through the app using their mobile device, tablet or computer.
Non-members can start a 30-day FREE trial of Amazon Prime, which will give them access to all actions. You can register here.
Alternatively, new customers can join Amazon Prime for just £ 7.99 per month or £ 79 for the year.
Watford v Chelsea: team news
Watford will again be without Ben Foster and Ismaila Sarr.
Emmanuel Dennis is uncertain while Juraj Kucka and Adam Masina also deal blows and could miss.
Chelsea will hand over late fitness tests to Jorginho, Reece James and Timo Werner.
The trio trained on Tuesday but need further evaluation following Sunday’s draw with United.
Tuchel, who will again be without Ben Chilwell, Mateo Kovacic and N’Golo Kante, said: “We have doubts about some players, we may need a little more time, a little more review to reassess status.
“It’s Reece James, Jorginho and Timo Werner. They all trained today with us and there will be last minute decisions about it.
Watford vs Chelsea: what was said?
Thomas Tuchel has insisted Chelsea have to settle for dominating the Premier League before December despite frustrating back-to-back draws at home.
“How could you not be satisfied? I’m happy with the way we played, the courage and the intensity, the will and the ambition, ”said Tuchel.
“It’s a hungry team and a team that plays with a lot of effort.
“That’s what I love, it’s exciting to train and exciting to watch.
“If you don’t score on the free kick against Juventus for the opening goal, or if Thiago Silva doesn’t save Morata’s chance on the line, there is always a possibility that what happened against Manchester United will happen against Juventus It can always happen.
“But I’m very happy with where we are and our performance.”
Watford vs Chelsea: Facts about the game
- Watford have lost seven of their last eight Premier League games with Chelsea, winning the other 4-1 in February 2018. The Hornets have conceded 21 goals in those eight games (2.6 per game).
- Chelsea have won their last two away league games against Watford, but have never won three in a row at Vicarage Road before.
- Since a goalless draw in February 2016, there have been 33 goals scored in eight Premier League games between Watford (12 goals) and Chelsea (21), at an average of 4.1 per game.
- Watford won their last Premier League game on Wednesday, beating Wolves 2-1 in January 2020. The Hornets had never won a Premier League game that day before (D4 L12).
- Chelsea haven’t won any of their last five Premier League games played on a Wednesday (D2 L3). The Blues last experienced a longer winless streak on a specific weekday between November 2010 and February 2011 (6 games on Sunday).
- Watford hasn’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 23 Premier League games, the longest streak of any team today, and has scored 45 goals in those games since a 3-0 win over Liverpool in February 2020 .
- Chelsea have won their last four away games in the Premier League with an aggregate score of 10-0. They won the last consecutive time on the road without cashing in the competition between September and December 2008, a series of six under Felipe Scolari.
- The managers who previously took charge of Chelsea in the Premier League have won just six of their 37 games in the competition against the Blues (D8 L23). Watford boss Claudio Ranieri did so with Leicester in December 2015, and he could become the first former Chelsea manager to beat them with two different clubs in the competition.
- Jorginho has scored 15 Premier League goals for Chelsea, including 13 from penalties. competetion.
- Claudio Ranieri’s six Premier League games at the head of Watford have so far seen 25 goals scored (11 for, 14 against), the most in a manager’s first six games at the head of a club since Frank Lampard at Chelsea (also 25).
News Today abc News Watford v Chelsea live stream and squad news: Blues face ex-boss Ranieri in Premier League clash