UFC 267: Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira live updates, results, highlights
| News Today | World News
UFC returns to Abu Dhabi on Saturday for UFC 267 where Jan Blachowicz will defend his light heavyweight championship against Glover Teixeira.
UFC 267 also marks the first numbered non-paid event in the United States since UFC 138 in 2011. But just because it’s a free show, don’t think it’s missing some fantastic fights.
MORE: Everything You Need To Know About UFC 267
Aside from the main event, UFC 267 will also see Petr Yan and Cory Sandhagen go head to head for the interim bantamweight championship and the right to face current champion Aljamain Sterling when he is able to take over the tournament. action.
Blachowicz is returning to action for the first time since his unanimous decision victory over Israel Adesanya in March. This will be his second title defense since claiming the vacant crown when he stopped Dominick Reyes in September 2020. With Jon Jones moving to heavyweight permanently, Blachowicz will have the opportunity to carve his legacy in the division of 205 pounds. But Teixeira will stand in his way, entering another title match on a five-game winning streak.
The last time Teixeira was in that position, he had won 20 fights in a row before dropping a unanimous decision to Jon Jones in 2014. After suffering his first loss in almost a decade, Teixeira struggled with a record of 5-4 before righting the vessel. and get back into the title race.
Can the 41-year-old fulfill his dream of becoming UFC champion, or will Blachowicz sideline another contender as he strives to become one of the top midweight champions? heavyweights in UFC history?
Sporting News will provide live updates and highlights from UFC 267. Follow it here.
PLUS: Save over 30% when you buy UFC 267 and an ESPN + Yearly Plan for just $ 89.98
UFC 267 live updates, Blachowiz vs. Teixeira highlights
(All Eastern hours)
Magomed Ankalaev facilitates Volkan Oezdemir’s job with unanimous decision
Notes: 30-27, 30-27 and 29-28
2:36 p.m .: It was an easy job for Ankalaev, who is absolutely a threat to the upper echelon of the light heavyweight division. Oezdemir is a former title contender but was designed to be nothing more than a speed bump on Ankalaev’s road to a championship. He was too quick, too quick and just too good as he dissected his opponent for a unanimous decision.
2:23 p.m .: Volkan Oezdemir grapples with Ankalaev’s speed. After a few early moments where Oezdemir used his size and strength, Ankalaev adjusted and sliced his opponent into the stand-up. Oezdemir is going to have to make this ugly for him to be competitive.
2:07 p.m..: It’s UFC 267 main card time after an extremely violent series of preliminaries. Can the main card build on this momentum?
UFC 267: Blachowicz vs. Teixeira start time
- Dated: Saturday October 30
- Start time: 10:30 a.m. ET / 7:30 a.m. PT
- Main card (PPV): 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT
- Main event: 4:15 p.m. ET / 1:15 p.m. PT (approximate)
UFC 267 takes place on Saturday and the preliminaries will kick off the event at 10:30 a.m. ET, before the pay-per-view main card begins at 2 p.m. ET. Blachowicz and Teixeira are expected to enter the Octagon around 4:15 p.m. ET, depending on the length of the undercard fights.
How to watch UFC 267: Blachowicz vs. Teixeira
- TV Channels / Live Stream: ESPN +
UFC 267 is available in the US on the ESPN + subscription streaming service at no additional cost. The entire card will also be available to UFC Fight Pass members.
In Canada, the pay-per-view main card is available on Bell, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, Eastlink and UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 267 Fight Card
- Jan Błachowicz (c) vs. Glover Teixeira for Blachowicz’s UFC Light Heavyweight Championship
- Petr Yan vs. Cory Sandhagen for interim UFC bantamweight championship
- Islam Makhachev v Dan Hooker; Light
- Alexander Volkov v Marcin Tyburak; Heavyweight
- Li Jingliang v Khamzat Chimaev; Welterweight
- Magomed Ankalaev defeated. Volkan Oezdemir via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Amanda Ribas defeated Virna Jandiroba by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Zubaira Tukhugov beat. Ricardo Ramos via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Albert Duraev beat. Roman Kopylov via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos defeats. Benoit St. Denis by unanimous decision (29-26, 29-26, 29-26)
- Michał Oleksiejczuk beat. Shamil Gamzatov via Round 1 TKO (punches) (3:31)
- Lerone Murphy defeated Makwan Amirkhani via 2nd round knockout (knee) (: 14)
- André Petroski beat. Hu Yaozong via the submission of the 3rd round (arm triangle) (4:46)
- Tagir Ulanbekov defeated. Allan Nascimento by split decision (29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
Today Headlines Today Headlines UFC 267: Jan Blachowicz vs. Glover Teixeira live updates, results, highlights