“I will be heading to Augusta today to continue my prep and training,” Woods wrote on Twitter Sunday. “It will be a game-time decision whether I compete.”
The 15-time major winner, who suffered serious leg injuries in a single-vehicle accident in February 2021, has not played in an official tournament since the 2020 Masters in November of that year.
Woods’ only appearance in competitive golf since the accident was in December 2021 alongside his son Charlie at the PNC Championship at the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club in Orlando, Grande Lakes, Florida, where Woods and his son finished second.
The 46-year-old told Golf Digest in November last year that he would “never” play full-time on the PGA Tour again, but would “pick and pick” events.
“You train around it and prepare for it,” he said. “And you play. I think that’s how I’m going to have to play from now on.
“It’s a sad reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand that, and I accept that.”