Jannah Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.

The search for a fisherman lost at sea has been called off. 2 days later, he was found alive and adrift in a life raft after spending 13 days at sea.

  • A man believed to have been lost at sea has been discovered two days after the coastguard called off the search.

  • Two fishermen disappeared in mid-October off the coast of Washington state.

  • The second man has still not been found, the coast guard said Thursday.

One of two fishermen reported missing in mid-October was found alive and adrift in a lifeboat off the coast of Washington on Thursday – two days after the Coast Guard suspended its search.

Two men traveling aboard the 43-foot vessel left Westport in Grays Harbor County on Oct. 12, according to local media outlet King 5 News. The fishing boat and its two inhabitants were supposed to return three days later, on October 15, but never did, the coast guard said in a statement. update earlier this week.

Ten days after the boat was supposed to return to land, the Coast Guard announced it was abandoning its search for the missing vessel, saying its crews searched more than 14,000 square miles for more than eight hours.

“Our deepest condolences go out to the family of those lost during this difficult time,” the agency tweeted earlier this week.

But on Thursday, a group of “good Samaritans” spotted one of the missing men adrift in a life raft about 70 miles from Cape Flattery in northwest Washington state, according to a report from the Coast Guard. update.

A map showing where the missing man was spotted.

A fishing boat spotted the missing man wearing a life jacket about 70 miles off Cape Flattery, the Coast Guard said.US Coast Guard

“I saw what looked like a life raft in the distance and I ran in and put the binoculars on him and then he let off a flare,” said Ryan Planes, the one of the rescuers, at King 5.

“We brought him on board. He gave me a big hug and it was emotional,” Planes’ uncle John told the outlet.

Rescuers said the missing fisherman told them he had been alone on the raft for 13 days and eventually ran out of food and water. He was able to survive, he told the men, by catching a salmon to eat.

“We made him breakfast. He drank three bottles of water. He was pretty hungry, poor guy,” John told King 5.

The man was taken to a hospital on the coast and is in stable condition, the Coast Guard said Thursday.

The second fisherman who was initially on board the boat is still missing, according to the coast guard. The incident remains under investigation.

Read the original article on Insider


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button