Russell Brand has postponed his remaining UK comedy shows following the publication of several sexual abuse allegations against him over the weekend.
Brand was accused of sexual and emotional abuse by four women in a joint investigation by The Times of London, The Sunday Times and Channel 4 Dispatches. The comedian-turned-wellness influencer has denied the allegations, saying all of his relationships were consensual.
Its management announced in a statement on Monday that it would suspend the end of its current comedy tour “Bipolarization”.
“We’re postponing these few drug fundraising charity shows, we don’t like doing it – but we know you’ll understand,” the statement said.
It is unclear whether the dates will be rescheduled. Theater Royal Windsor said it would issue refunds in accordance with the venue’s policies.
The Times of London, Sunday Times and Channel 4 Dispatches spoke to four women, one of whom said she had a three-month relationship with Brand when she was 16.
That woman, who identified herself as Alice, said Brand was 31 at the time and alleged he forced her to have oral sex. Brand didn’t stop until she punched him in the stomach, she told the Times.
She also alleged that even though she was of the legal age of consent in the UK, Brand guided her on how to present their relationship to his family and save his contact under a different name. She also told the Times that she contacted Brand’s literary agency in 2020 with her allegations.
Timber management agency Tavistock said on Sunday it had dropped Brand as a client, adding it had been “horribly misled” by him.
Another woman, identified as Nadia, accused Brand of raping her at his Los Angeles residence in 2012. She said Brand invited her to the house after they had consensual sex once before , but that on this occasion he wanted a “friend”. ” to join them, according to the Times.
When she refused, Brand held her against a wall and raped her, Nadia alleged.
NBC News has not independently confirmed any of the allegations against Brand.
The Metropolitan Police Department told NBC News it received a report of an assault against Brand on Sunday, a day after the investigation was released and a documentary also aired Saturday.
The alleged assault occurred in 2003, in the Soho district of London, according to police.
“We continue to encourage anyone who believes they may have been the victim of a sexual offence, no matter how long ago, to contact us,” the Metropolitan Police said.
Bluebird, a division of Pan McMillian, also announced Monday that it was suspending its pending publications with Brand.
“These are very serious allegations and in light of them, Bluebird has made the decision to suspend any future publications with Russell Brand,” the company said.
Brand denied all allegations against him in a social media post.
“But amid this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks, are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute,” Brand said in a video.
Channel 4 has confirmed that episodes of ‘Big Brother’s Big Mouth’ and ‘The Great British Bake Off’ featuring Brand have been removed from its streaming service. Brand worked with the network from 2004 to 2007, when some of the allegations arose.
One staff member, a woman identified as Rachel, claimed to the Times that Brand showed her his penis in his dressing room and insinuated that she could perform oral sex on him.
Other crew members also alleged mistreatment by Brand in interviews with The Times, including people who felt like they were working as a “pimp” for Brand as he pursued the members from the public for sexual purposes.
“We have asked the production company which produced the programs for Channel 4 to investigate these allegations and report their findings to us in an appropriate and satisfactory manner,” the channel said. “Channel 4 is also conducting its own internal investigation, and we encourage anyone with knowledge of such behavior to contact us directly.”