Ricky Martin denies domestic abuse allegations following restraining order

Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin denies domestic violence allegations following a restraining order filed in his home country.

The order allegedly involves a petitioner, whom authorities have not named, who broke up with the Latino singer after dating him for seven months, The Associated Press reported via Puerto Rican newspaper El Vocero.

Martin reportedly did not accept the breakup and loitered near the petitioner’s house “at least three times”, the newspaper reported.

Authorities tried to serve the order, signed Friday, on the singer in Dorado, Puerto Rico, to no avail, police spokesman Axel Valencia told The Associated Press.

“So far the police have not been able to find him,” Valencia said.

Representatives for Martin, in a statement to People, denied the allegations.

“The allegations against Ricky Martin that led to a protective order are completely false and fabricated,” Martin’s reps told People. “We are very confident that when the true facts are revealed in this case, our client Ricky Martin will be fully vindicated.”

The news comes after Martin’s former talent manager, Rebecca Drucker, sued him last week claiming he owed her more than $3 million in unpaid commissions, Insider reported.

The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleges that Martin “constantly abused, manipulated and lied” to Drucker.

The lawsuit also describes how she allegedly “protected” the singer from “his reckless indiscretions” including a “devastating” scandal, non-payment of taxes and drug addiction.

Martin’s team did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the lawsuit.

Need help? In the United States, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for National Domestic Violence Helpline.



The Huffington Gt

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button