Ralf Rangnick faces selection headache as Eddie Howe aims for major upheaval at St James’ Park
| Local News | Today Headlines
Newcastle United face a delicate challenge when they host Manchester United at Tyneside on Monday night.
The Magpies have shown signs of improvement under Eddie Howe but have struggled to turn those positives into points as they look certain to face a relegation battle in the second half of the season.
For the Red Devils, this will be seen as a great opportunity for three points.
Ralf Rangnick’s side have won three games in a row in the Premier League and are hopeful the victory can bring them closer to the top four as the new year approaches.
Newcastle vs Manchester United: date and time
The Premier League clash takes place on Monday 27 December at St James’ Park, Newcastle.
Kick-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. UK time.
The Red Devils could finish fifth with a victory over Eddie Howe’s team.
Newcastle vs Manchester United: how to follow
Updates will be broadcast live on talkSPORT throughout the evening.
This match will also be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League with live coverage starting at 7 p.m. ET.
Sky Sports customers can stream this live through the app using their mobile devices, tablets or computers.
Alternatively, you can buy a Sky Sports Day Pass on NowTV for £ 9.99.
Newcastle v Manchester United: team news
Howe hopes Javier Manquillo and Emil Krafth will return to contention after the illness.
However, Jamal Lewis, Paul Dummett and Federico Fernandez will all be out due to injury.
As for United, they are getting their stars back into top form and only Paul Pogba is sure to miss out.
Bet of the day
Below are some great betting offers to offer during the football festive season to new customers.
888SPORT – Bet £ 10 Get £ 45 in free bets – CLAIM OFFER*
WILLIAM HILL – 1+ goal to score on Boxing Day in PL CLAIM OFFER*
888sport – A minimum deposit of £ / € 10 with the promo code is required – You must bet a minimum of £ / € A minimum deposit of £ / € 10 with the promo code is required • You must bet a minimum of £ / € with odds of 1/2 (1.50) or more in a sports market which will be settled before December 26 23:59:59 • Free bet of £ / € 5 will be valid for 7 days • Balance of deposit may be withdrawn at any time • General withdrawal restrictions and Full terms and conditions apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.Org
William Hill – 18+. Play Safe. New customers using EPB20. Mobile only. Applies to bets placed from 9:00 am on December 22, 2021 until 12:30 pm on December 26, 2021. Max £ 1 bet at 20/1. Returns paid as 4 x £ 5 free bets (30 day expiration). Player and currency restrictions and conditions apply. 18+ begambleaware.org
Newcastle v Manchester United: information on the match
- Newcastle have won two of their last four home Premier League games against Manchester United (L2), more than their previous 13 against the Red Devils at St James’ Park (W1 D3 L9). They did, however, lose that exact game 4-1 last season.
- Manchester United have won their last four Premier League games against Newcastle, their longest streak against them since a streak of five between 2004 and 2006.
- Manchester United have scored 112 Premier League goals against Newcastle – no team has scored more against a single opponent in the history of the competition (Arsenal also 112 against Everton).
- Manchester United have won 10 Premier League games against Newcastle – no team has won more from behind against an opponent in the history of the competition (Man Utd also 10 against Southampton).
- Newcastle conceded 79 Premier League goals in 2021, the most in a single calendar year of the competition (also Ipswich Town in 1994). The last top-flight team to concede more in a year was West Bromwich Albion in 1985 (87).
- Heading into this series of games, Newcastle have lost more points than any other Premier League team this season (17). This is their highest total in a single top-level campaign since 2019-20, where they have lost 18 in the entire season.
- Manchester United have won both of their league games so far under Ralf Rangnick 1-0. No coach in the history of the club has kept his clean sheet in each of his first three league games at the head of the Red Devils.
- It was only against Aston Villa (8) that Man Utd’s Cristiano Ronaldo scored more Premier League goals than against Newcastle (7). His seven goals have come in his last four league appearances against them, including a brace upon his return to Manchester United in the second leg this season.
- Manchester United’s Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in seven goals in seven Premier League games against Newcastle, scoring four goals and three assists. This is the most goals he has had against a single opponent in the competition.
- Last season Joe Willock was Newcastle’s second-highest goalscorer in the Premier League, scoring eight goals in 14 games and averaging one goal every 123 minutes. This season, however, the midfielder has failed to score in any of his 16 appearances for the Magpies (1,053 minutes).
Latest News Headlines Google News Ralf Rangnick faces selection headache as Eddie Howe aims for major upheaval at St James’ Park