Police revive dog rescued from burning house

A small dog is alive and well thanks to officers in Saginaw, Michigan, who knew exactly how to save his life.

The pup was rescued after being discovered unconscious in a house that caught fire on Thursday, Fox 2 reported Friday.

Michigan State Police say the people inside the home got out safely that night, but the dog, whose name is Delilah, was still trapped.

When firefighters spotted her near the door, they picked her up and placed her in the hands of MSP soldiers who knew she was in bad shape and needed their help.

After Delilah was on oxygen for about 15 minutes, she started breathing normally again, much to everyone’s relief.

Video footage shows soldiers attending to Delilah as she lay on the hood of a patrol vehicle, and one of them checked her several times by shining a flashlight on her tiny body:

MSP Third District reported in another social media post that after the rescue, Delilah was returned to the owners. A photo shows a smiling person holding the little dog who seems tired but grateful to be alive:

When an animal breathes in smoke, they are also breathing in harmful chemicals, according to Wag Walking.

“Most cases of serious smoke inhalation are from home fires. The fire causes the animal to inhale chemicals from the smoke and soot, which limits the supply of oxygen to the lung tissues. Depending on the materials burned, other dangerous toxins – such as acrolein or cyanide – can enter the body,” the site says.

Additionally, a home fire can quickly turn into a life-threatening situation and a house can be engulfed in five minutes, according to Ready.gov.

The Michigan State Police said the agency’s mission is “to provide the highest quality law enforcement and public safety services” in the state.


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button