Cover image: SAID KHATIB / AFP
- The Palestinian Authority announced Friday evening, November 17, that 17,000 liters of fuel had been delivered in the Gaza Strip to power the telecommunications company’s generators. On Thursday, the Palestinian company Paltel announced a “suspension of all telecommunications services”, lack of fuel. This delivery takes place a few hours after the war cabinet authorized the daily entry of two fuel trucks into the territory in order to “comply with the request of the United States”. According to the UN, 50 gasoline trucks entered the Gaza Strip every day before October 7.
- Western media, including the BBC and Releaseexpress doubts about the Israeli army’s findings at Al-Shifa hospital. In a video released Wednesday, an Israeli Defense Forces spokesperson tours several rooms in the hospital, showing what he says are weapons and military equipment belonging to Hamas. Later in the day, the BBC and the American channel FoxNews in turn had access to the interior of Al-Shifa hospital, but their videos did not match the images broadcast by Israeli forces.
- The Israeli army announced Friday morning that it had killed at least “five terrorists” in Jenin, considered a stronghold of Palestinian armed groups in the occupied West Bank, while Hamas only announced the death of three of its fighters. During this operation, the Israeli army also claimed to have arrested “twenty-one people”. Israeli soldiers withdrew from Jenin on Friday morning. The army claimed to have carried out an operation there “anti-terrorist” and discovered “home-made explosive devices placed under and along streets to attack Israeli security forces”.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on Berlin to end the “Israeli attacks” in Gaza, adding that “kill children(was) not in the Torah ». This was his first visit to Germany since 2020. In response to a question about these criticisms of Israel, Recep Tayyip Erdogan also said: “For us, there should be no discrimination between Jews, Christians and Muslims in the region. I am the first to lead the fight against anti-Semitism in the world. » For their part, the German president and chancellor defended “the right to exist” of Israel, calling for “do not question” THE “Israel’s right to defend itself”.
- Several bombings have taken place in the south of the Gaza Strip since Thursday evening. According to the Associated Press, the Israeli army, which rarely comments on its strikes, said they targeted Hamas targets. Mohammed Zaqout, the director of hospitals in the Palestinian enclave, put forward a death toll of thirty-five in the night’s bombings.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has called for regular, daily flows of patients to be allowed to leave the Gaza Strip to be treated in Egypt, in order to relieve the overwhelmed hospitals. The UN agency explained that it would be necessary to evacuate 50 to 60 patients per day to Egypt. The WHO calls for the establishment of“daily medical evacuations (…) unhindered and safe delivery of seriously injured and sick patients to Egypt », summarized the organization in a note sent to the media. According to the WHO, 47 of 72 primary health centers in Gaza are out of service and 25 of 36 hospitals are not operational, with the rest struggling to function.
- The Hamas government announced Friday that Israeli bombing of the Gaza Strip had killed 12,000 Palestinians since the start of the war on October 7. Among the deaths recorded to date are 5,000 children, he detailed. Additionally, 30,000 people were injured.
Find our direct precedent by clicking on this link.
Read all our articles on the war between Israel and Hamas
Reporting. In Israel, the rise of municipal militias
Facts. In Switzerland, Emmanuel Macron tries to explain his positions in this conflict between Israel and Hamas
Facts. Escalation continues on the border between Lebanon and Israel
Facts. UN Security Council calls for pauses, humanitarian corridors in Gaza
Podcast. Lebanon: will Hezbollah go to war against Israel?
Facts. In Gaza, story of the capture of Al-Shifa hospital by the Israeli army
Investigation. Shelling at Al-Shifa hospital in Gaza: images point to Israeli responsibility
Cards. From the Hamas attack of October 7 to the encirclement of the city by the Israeli army
Tribune. Karim Khan, ICC prosecutor, on the Israel-Hamas war: “In the midst of violence, in the midst of fury, rules of humanity apply which cannot be transgressed”
Facts. In the United States, Biden’s pro-Israeli line is contested within the federal state itself
Reporting. War between Israel and Hamas fragments Palestinian Fatah
Facts. The ghost banquet in Tel Aviv, symbol of the painful wait of the families of Hamas hostages
Gn Fr world