Skip to content
Moscow rejects responsibility and calls for “international discussions” – RT in French

At the heart of accusations of mass crimes against civilians in Ukraine, the Kremlin denied having had a role in these deaths, denounced “falsifications” and called for “international discussions”.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on April 4 that Russia “categorically” rejects Western accusations against it after footage emerged showing large numbers of dead civilians in Bucha, near the Ukrainian capital after the departure Russian forces.

Moscow is accused of war crimes by the Western camp, and even of “genocide” by its Ukrainian enemy and certain European countries, including Poland and Spain. According to the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Iryna Venediktova, the lifeless bodies of 410 civilians were found in the territories of the Kyiv region recently recaptured from Russian troops.

“We categorically reject all charges,” Dmitry Peskov told reporters, assuring that Russian Defense Ministry experts had found signs of “video falsifications” and “fakes” in the images presented by the Ukrainian authorities as evidence of a massacre of which they accuse Russia.

“Judging by what we have seen, we cannot trust these video images,” said Dmitri Peskov, assuring that we had to “seriously question this information”. He called on foreign leaders not to make “hasty accusations” against Moscow and to “at least listen to Russian arguments”. “Russia wants and demands that this be the subject of international discussions,” he added.

Moscow wants to convene the UN Security Council

The head of Russian diplomacy Sergei Lavrov also described the facts reported in Boutcha as an “attack using false information” organized after the departure of Russian troops.

“The Russian military completely withdrew from this town on March 30. On March 31, the city’s mayor solemnly declared that everything was fine. And two days later, we saw this scene in the streets that we are now trying to use for anti-Russian purposes,” he said.

He also recalled that Russia had requested the holding of a meeting of the Security Council “on this particular question because [elle] considered[e] that such provocations constitute a direct threat to international peace and security”. But, he said, the “United Kingdom, which holds the presidency of the Security Council this month, has not been able so far to confirm to us the possibility of such a meeting” .

International excitement

In parallel with these declarations, the countries of the European Union were discussing in the morning new sanctions to be imposed on Russia in “emergency”, according to the high representative of the EU Josep Borrell.

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez spoke on April 4 of a possible “genocide” and called for the appearance of the culprits “before the International Criminal Court”. In the process, the Prime Minister of Poland, Ukraine’s western neighbor, took up the term “genocide” and called for the creation of an international commission of inquiry on this subject.

Emmanuel Macron, who had directly accused the “Russian authorities” in a tweet the day before, estimated on April 4 that there were “very clear indications of war crimes” in Boutcha and according to him it is “almost established that it was the Russian army” which was present there.

On the UN side, the organization’s Secretary General said on April 4 that he was “deeply shocked by the images of civilians killed in Boutcha”, and the United Nations Human Rights Office spoke of “possible war crimes “.




RT

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.