Skip to content
Kevin McCarthy after desperate Biden’s midterm speech: ‘It’s all about you’


House Republican Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy has hit back at President Joe Biden after he delivered a desperate speech pleading for Americans to vote Democratic in future terms to protect democracy from MAGA extremism.

“We, the people, must decide whether the rule of law will prevail or whether we will let the dark forces and … the thirst for power take precedence over the principles that have long guided us,” the president said during his speech at the interior of Union Station.

The president went on to tell Americans to ignore the many issues facing them, from gas prices to inflation to job growth, and to vote for Democrats just because Republicans oppose “democracy” – a word he repeated ad nauseam throughout his long speech.

“This is no ordinary year,” he warned. “In a typical year, we are not often faced with the question of whether the vote we cast will preserve democracy or endanger it. But we are this year.

In a tweet shortly after the speech, Kevin McCarthy said the upcoming midterms will be all about the president and his many failures, not Republican “extremists.”

“It’s all about you,” exclaimed McCarthy. “You refuse to address the main concerns of Americans. Why? Because your inept policies and administration have FAILED our nation. In six days, the Republicans will win convincingly and help get America back on track.

President Biden’s speech marks the second time in two months that he has attempted to blame all of the country’s problems on Republican extremists following his “Soul of the Nation” speech in early September, in which he regularly portrayed MAGA Republicans as violent right-wingers who disrespect the constitution and seek to strip Americans of their most basic rights.

“MAGA Republicans do not respect the constitution,” he said. “They don’t believe in the rule of law, they don’t believe in the rule of law, they don’t recognize the will of the people.”

President Joe Biden delivers a prime-time speech denouncing “MAGA” Republicans outside Independence National Historical Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Sept. 1, 2022. (Jim WATSON/AFP via Getty Images)

“MAGA forces are determined to roll back this country,” he added. “Averse to an America where you don’t have the right to choose. No right to privacy. No right to contraception. No right to marry whoever you love. They promote authoritarian leaders and fan the flames of political violence.

A Harvard CAPS-Harris poll confirmed shortly after the speech that 60% of Americans found the speech divisive and unnecessary, with the remaining 40% believing the president’s speech “united the nation and moved it forward.” .

Considering that the previous speech did little to advance the president’s agenda, it’s surprising that he chose to delve into it a second time so close to the election.



breitbart

Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.