Keanu Reeves “alarmed and distressed” by a suspected intruder who “slept in his garden” | Ents & Arts News
Keanu Reeves has been granted a restraining order against a man who allegedly made a number of unwanted visits to his home – including falling asleep in his back garden.
The Hollywood star, known for his roles in The Matrix and John Wick franchises, said the alleged incidents left him “noticeably alarmed, annoyed and distressed”.
In court documents obtained by the PA news agency, Reeves claimed Brian Keith Dixon, 38, had visited his Los Angeles County property six times.
The incidents took place between November last year and January 2023, he said.
The documents also said that during the second visit, Dixon left a backpack containing “weird” items, including a DNA test kit inside.
Dixon had posted “inconsistently and alarmingly on social media, referring to himself as ‘Jasper Keith Reeves,’ apparently indicating his belief that he and Mr. Reeves are relatives,” they said.
In his own statement, Reeves said: “Over the past several months there have been several incidents in which the respondent visited my home uninvited, entered my property, sought access to my house and sought to contact me.
“I understand that a criminal investigation is ongoing against the respondent due to his troubling conduct.
“The Respondent’s continuing actions of harassment, disturbance and threat cause me to be greatly alarmed, annoyed and distressed, particularly because I want to protect my partner and my friends who reside or spend time in my home. “
The temporary restraining order was granted until February 24 – the date of a court hearing in the case.