A question as the clashes between Israel and Hamas have continued to rage in Gaza over the past two days and the constant images of destruction and civilians in distress seem to follow one another… So, nothing seems to distract Israel from its objective: destroy Hamas, despite growing pressure from the international community to stop the deaths of Palestinian civilians… So how can we understand this logic to the end? Is it the only possible response to a threat seen as existential by the Jewish state? By awakening old traumas, have the massacres of October 7 definitively radicalized Israeli society, at the risk of weakening it and isolating it on the international scene?
We discuss it with:
- Vincent Lemire, Historian
- Valérie Zenatti, Writer & translator
- Sara Daniel, Senior reporter – L’Obs
- Omar Ouahmane, Senior reporter – Radio France
- Jean-Marie Guéhenno, Diplomat & former Deputy Secretary General of the UN
Gn Fr world