The rating agency Fitch published its latest global economic outlook (GEO) on Wednesday.
Highlights (not the right word, but still):
- expects global GDP to grow 2.4% in 2022 – revised down 0.5pp since June GEO – and just 1.7% in 2023, down 1%
- the euro zone and the UK are now expected to enter recession later this year
- the United States will experience a mild recession in mid-2023
- “We’ve had something of a perfect storm for the global economy in recent months, with the gas crisis in Europe, a sharp acceleration in interest rate hikes and a deepening housing crisis in China.”
- Forecasts now assume a complete or almost complete closure of the Russian gas pipeline to Europe.
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.