ICYMI, Justin posted the summary of the minutes here:
Check this. The TL version; DR (brutally short summary) is:
- The ECB has become a little less accommodating
- But not that some members are still pleading for a “wait-and-see” approach
- the acceleration of tapering was a point of agreement “a large number of members felt that the current high level of inflation and its persistence called for further immediate steps towards the normalization of monetary policy”.
- The ECB said it expects QE bond buying to end in the third quarter of this year
The context of the March meeting was:
- soaring inflation in Europe
- Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has increased uncertainty
Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.