Ice Cube reportedly pulls out of $ 9million film deal after refusing vaccine
| Today Headlines | Local News
Actor and rapper Ice Cube Reportedly Dropped Sony’s ‘Oh Hell No’ Comedy After Producers Demand Full Cast To Receive COVID-19 Vaccine, Sources Tell The Hollywood Reporter.
By allegedly refusing to get her pictures, the “Friday” star walked away from a $ 9 million salary and a winter shoot in Hawaii with her co-star Jack Black.
HuffPost reached out to Ice Cube and Sony for confirmation and comment, but they did not immediately respond.
Ice Cube has publicly advocated for wearing the mask during the pandemic. In August, Bacone College thanked the artist NWA for donating 2,000 face masks to the school. In April 2020, Ice Cube launched a “Check Yo Self Before You Wreck Yo Self”Brand of T-shirts, which featured images of him wearing a mask. The rapper said on Instagram that 100% of the proceeds from the sale of t-shirts went to frontline healthcare workers.
Later in 2020, the hip-hop star came under fire for working with then-President Donald Trump on his “platinum plan“, Which would have qualified the Ku Klux Klan, but also the anti-fascist or” anti-fa “groups, terrorist organizations. Many saw the plan as Trump’s attempt to win over black Americans ahead of the 2020 presidential election.
But the “Barbershop” star defended her work with Trump on Twitter, claiming Republicans and Democrats contacted him after he released a plan to tackle racial inequality earlier in 2020 called Contract with Black America.
“Dems said we would go to the CWBA after the election,” Ice Cube tweeted. “The Trump campaign made some adjustments to their plan after telling us about the CWBA.”
Ice Cube also recently left the boxing drama “Flint Strong,” directed by Oscar-nominated “Mudbound” cinematographer Rachel Morrison and written by Barry Jenkins, reported THR. But we do not know what motivated his departure.
Top Stories World news Ice Cube reportedly pulls out of $ 9million film deal after refusing vaccine