- USD leads, AUD lags the day
- European equities down; Stable S&P 500 Futures Contracts
- US 10-year rates up 0.4 basis points to 2.694%
- Gold down 0.3% to $1,786.43
- WTI crude down 0.4% to $88.19
- Bitcoin up 3.6% to $23,320
It was a quiet session in Europe today as all eyes are on the US jobs report later today.
Stocks were tepid while bonds also showed little appetite to chase the day’s moves. In the major currency space, the dollar is stable in narrow ranges with a slight extension without much direction overall.
Most dollar pairs are seeing small changes, with only USD/JPY making a notable move in Asia, climbing to 133.45 before falling back to 132.90 in Europe, then settling around 133.10 currently . That doesn’t say much as the pair continues to see big swings below 135.00 this week.
A placeholder session best describes the past eight to ten hours as we count down the nonfarm payrolls in the United States to provide final action ahead of the weekend.