Father and two sons die in house fire likely caused by dried up Christmas tree and electrical problems
| Top stories | Usa news
“The original area was a Christmas tree, so we don’t know if it’s because of the electricity or a withered old Christmas tree,” Wilhelm told CNN on Saturday.
Police and firefighters were dispatched to the house at 1:22 a.m. on Saturday, where the five family members were sleeping on the second floor of the house when the fire broke out, Wilhelm said. First responders made numerous attempts to enter the house upon arrival, but found it difficult to enter, due to the scale of the blaze, the fire marshal said.
“It was too dangerous to go in from the front of the building with the fire,” Wilhelm told CNN. “The front door and the front window were blocked, the fire was spreading throughout the house at that time. It was very difficult for the firefighters to get in safely. It took a while.”
When firefighters finally entered the house, they found the bodies of Eric King, 41, and his two sons on the second floor of the two-and-a-half-story house, Wilhelm said. The mother and oldest son in the family escaped with minor burns, received treatment for injuries at Lehigh Valley hospital and have since been released, Wilhelm said.
The coroner’s office is expected to perform an autopsy on the three bodies later next week, Bucks County Coroner Meredith Bucks said.
Two family dogs also died in the blaze.
Today Headlines Usa News Father and two sons die in house fire likely caused by dried up Christmas tree and electrical problems