Robert Holzmann is the Governor of the Austrian Central Bank (Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)) and therefore also a member of the Governing Council of the European Central Bank (ECB).
His remarks cross the wires of press. He talks tough.
- ECB rates will be higher in a year
- rate moves are data driven
- the European Central Bank underestimated the pace of inflation gains
- the Bank could have started increasing earlier, but existing forward guidance limited Bank action
- the Bank has shown itself ready to go beyond expectations
- there is a possibility of stagflation in the eurozone