Caribbean-inspired burgers loaded with queso blanco and aioli: try the recipe
| Latest News Headlines | abc News
Burgers, but better. With this satisfying recipe, you’ll get a rich, nuanced flavor and a raised burger that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser whether you’re watching the World Series or cheering on your alma mater on the grill.
“The sofrito [peppers, onions, garlic and cilantro], queso blanco and pink aioli on burgers are inspired by Caribbean / Latin roots. It’s a nice extra touch of flavor that I love serving to my friends when we watch sports, ”says chef Jacqueline Kleis of Wild Fork Foods, which sells specialty groceries.
BAKED POTATO RECIPE FOR THE DAY OF THE GAME
Wagyu Burgers with Queso Blanco and Pink Aioli by Wild Fork
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
SLOPPY JOES SMOKED “OVER THE TOP” CALL YOUR NAME FOR YOUR MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL DINNER
For the burgers:
- 1 lb ground Wagyu beef
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of queso blanco, or mild cheese of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 10oz Pepper and Onion Trio (you can buy it frozen and thaw it if you don’t want to slice fresh peppers and onions)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic or two cubes of frozen garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander
- 4 rioche hamburger buns, halved
TRY THE HIDDEN VALLEY BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN DIP: GET THE RECIPE
For the pink aioli:
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 clove of fresh garlic or a cube of frozen garlic
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE NEWS ON THE FOX LIFESTYLE
- In a medium bowl, season the ground beef with S&P. Form four 4-ounce burgers.
- Mix all the ingredients for the aioli and set aside in the fridge.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the trio of three peppers, onions and garlic and cook until softened. Add salt, pepper and cilantro. Stir and remove from heat. Cover and keep warm. Heat the buns on the grill.
- Preheat the grill or pan to medium heat and cook the burgers for 6 to 8 minutes per side. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, place a slice of cheese on the burger and cook until melted.
- Place on a plate and assemble the burger by placing 1 tbsp. aioli on the bottom of the bread, then add the cooked burger with the melted cheese and the sautéed peppers and onions. Garnish with a bun. The USDA recommends cooking ground beef to a minimum internal temperature of 160 ° F.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER
Breaking News Updates Today Headlines Caribbean-inspired burgers loaded with queso blanco and aioli: try the recipe