NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Sliders don’t need to be relegated to the supper time slot.
These egg, cheese and ham sliders are delicious and easy to make.
“This recipe demonstrates the technique for making a bunch of sliders quickly at once. The idea came to me when I was looking at a dish of Hawaiian rolls, the kind that are all attached to each other,” said Christine Pittman, founder of COOKtheSTORY. .
CHEESY AND GRILLED CHIVE EGG CUP: TRY THE RECIPE
“I was wondering if I could build a big sandwich out of a plate of attached buns and then cut them into individual portions afterwards,” she said. “Turns out yes, I could, and it’s a ridiculously quick and easy thing to do.”
TIKTOK’S HASH BROWN AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE UPGRADES A BREAKFAST FAVORITE
Pittman is a big fan of the “amazing maple-Dijon glaze that I never get tired of” that rounds out the recipe.
Egg, Cheese and Ham Breakfast Sliders for a For A Crowd Crowd by COOKtheSTORY
Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 13 minutes
2 tbsp. the water
2 tbsp. chopped chives
24 mini potato rolls connected in two dishes
8 slices of ham
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp. Maple syrup
½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
½ tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crack the eggs into a medium microwaveable bowl. Add water and whisk until well blended. Stir in the chives.
- Microwave on high power for one minute. Stir. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time until set, stirring well between each session. Stir very well, crushing with a fork so that the egg pieces are quite small.
- Meanwhile, use a long, serrated knife to slice a dish of rolls lengthwise, so you end up with a bottom dish and a top dish. Repeat with the other flat rolls.
- Put the bottom dishes side by side in a 9×13″ pan.
- Top each with the ham, divided evenly into smooth layers.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with the scrambled egg.
- Add the top dishes, cut side down, aligning each with its bottom.
- Place butter, maple syrup, Dijon mustard and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Whisk until the mustard is well incorporated into the butter.
- Drizzle it over the rolls, making sure the top of each bun has some. Use a pastry brush or your fingers to spread the butter mixture so that all the buns are evenly coated.
- Cover pan with foil and bake until sandwiches are heated through and cheese is melted – about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the tops of the buns are crispy when tapped, 2-3 minutes.
- Use two large spatulas to go under a plate of rolls and transfer it to a cutting board. Use a large, sharp knife to separate the rolls along their perforations, resulting in 12 sliders.
- Repeat with the second plate of rolls. Serve immediately.
This original recipe belongs to cookthestory.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP