Bed Bath & Beyond has revealed the locations of more than 50 of the 150 stores it plans to close, ranging from Arizona to Washington state.
The downsizing is part of the struggling retailer’s last-ditch effort to stabilize itself as it struggles through financial turmoil. Along with the store closures, the company announced in August that it would lay off about 20% of its employees and cut some of its in-house home goods stores. It also secured a crucial $500 million in new funding ahead of the holiday shopping season.
“All currently planned store closures have been announced, and we will continue to review our portfolio where it makes sense to profitably support our customers and our business,” the company said in a statement.
It’s a tough time for the housewares chain. Earlier this month, Gustavo Arnal, the retailer’s chief financial officer, jumped to his death from a New York skyscraper. Arnal has been named a defendant in a class action lawsuit accusing him, Ryan Cohen and other major shareholders of engaging in a “pump and dump” scheme to artificially inflate the company’s stock price.
Bed Bath & Beyond said in August that sales at stores open for at least a year fell 26% in its latest quarter.
So far, 56 retailers will close. Here is where:
- Santa Cruz: 5225 South Street
- Phoenix: 34750 N. North Valley Parkway
- Burbank: 201 East Magnolia Blvd.
- Lakewood: 75 Lakewood Mall
- Larkspur: 2601 Larkspur Landing Circle
- Marina: 117 General Stilwell Drive
- Palmdale: 39421 10th Street
- Redding: 1140 Hilltop Drive
- San Leandro: 15555 East 14th Street, Suite 240 Seekonk
- Health: 9918 Mission Gorge Road
- Stamford: Ridgeway Mall, 2275 Summer Street
- Waterford: 850 Hartford Turnpike
- Sanford: 111 Towne Center Blvd.
- Sawgrass: 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Anchor C
- Johns Creek: 2623 Peachtree Drive
- Snelville: Presidential Market Center, 1905 Scenic Hwy Suite 5000
- Bourbonnais: 2056 North State Route 50
- Carbondale: University Mall, 1265 E. Main Street
- Fairview Heights: Fairview Center, 6611 N. Illinois
- Gurnee: 6132 Grand Avenue, Gurnee Mills Mall
- Joliet: 2850 Plainfield Road
- Schaumberg: 915 East Golf Road
- Dubuque: 2475 artery NW
- Waterloo: 1522 Flammang Drive
- Town of Bossier: 2900 Meadow Creek Drive
- Dorchester: 8B Allstate Road, Suite 1
- Milford: 230 Fortune Blvd.
- Search: 35 Highland Avenue
- Township of Chesterfield: 50551 Waterside Drive
- Farmington Hills: 31075 Orchard Lake Road
- Northville: Northville Retail Center, 17223 Haggerty Rd.
- Walker: Green Ridge Square, 3410 Alpine Avenue NW
- Lac Blanc: 9050 Highland Road
- St Cloud: 3959 Second Street South
- Flanders: 30 International Drive, Suite 1
- Manalapan: 13 Route 9
- Paramus: 34 E Ridgewood Avenue
- Farmingdale: 251 Airport Plaza Blvd.
- Middletown: 470 Route 211 East, Suite 3
- Mount Vernon: 500 East Sandford Blvd.
- New Hartford: 4805 Commercial Drive
- Plattsburgh: 73 Center Drive, Suite 100
- Sparks: 195 Los Altos Drive
- Charlotte: The Arboretum, 3413 Pineville-Matthews Road.
- Colerain: 3681 Stone Creek Blvd.
- Perrysburg: 10027 Fremont Pike
- Princeton Road: Bridgewater Falls, 3451 Princeton Road
- Sandusky: 4020 Milan Road, Unit 910
- Beaverton: 2780 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. Beaverton
- Wynnewood: 70 E. Wynnewood Blvd.
- Bayamon Plaza Del Sol, 725 West Main Avenue Bayamon PR 00961
- Port Arthur: Central Mall 3100 Highway 365 Suite 114
- Wichita Falls: 3201 Lawrence Road, Suite A
- Christiansburg: 135 Shoppers Way NW
- Leesburg: 532 Fort Evans Road
- Lakewood: 5830 Lakewood Towne Center Blvd., SW
– CNN’s Brynn Gingras, Liam Reilly, Ramishah Maruf, Samantha Beech, Jordan Valinsky and Nathaniel Meyersohn contributed to this report