Arian Taherzadeh: Man Accused of Impersonating Homeland Security Pleads Guilty


The case, which put four Secret Service members on administrative leave and involved years of deception, according to court documents, continued to crystallize on Monday as new charges and information emerged at the plea hearing. .

Taherzadeh, along with his co-defendant Haider Ali, were charged earlier this year with impersonating federal officers and possessing illegal high-capacity ammunition magazines. Both men were released under house arrest in April. Ali pleaded not guilty.

Taherzadeh was charged with conspiracy to impersonate a federal law enforcement officer as well as possessing a large illegal ammunition store and filming individuals, without their consent, engaging in sexual activities. He pleaded guilty to all three counts and, as part of his plea, agreed to cooperate with the Justice Department in its investigation. He faces 37 to 46 months behind bars, depending on sentencing guidelines.

Prosecutors alleged that Taherzadeh, Ali and a third, unnamed individual tricked federal agents, including members of the Secret Service, into pleasing the agents with gifts and rent-free apartments. According to court documents, an agent, whom Taherzadeh offered to buy an expensive rifle, was part of the protection of the first lady at the time.

The group never paid for the luxury apartments they rented in DC and were evicted from multiple buildings, racking up more than $800,000 in unpaid rent, fees and parking, prosecutors say. Using fictitious individuals as “supervisors,” Taherzadeh told apartment buildings the government would pay their rent and blamed government bureaucracy and their bogus bosses for unpaid bills, according to court documents.

According to the plea agreement, which was read aloud during Monday’s hearing, Taherzadeh also worked to recruit others into his bogus Homeland Security Investigations Force which he said fell under the DHS.

Taherzadeh invented false acts of heroism in these efforts to recruit others and falsely claimed he had been an army ranger and an air marshal.

As part of the recruitment process, an individual was shot with an air rifle by Taherzadeh, who said on Monday the two would shoot each other, adding that it was “something we did as a drinking game “.

Taherzadeh also said he installed a security camera in his bedroom and filmed women engaging in sexual activity without their consent, videos he showed to others. Prosecutors say the men also used their fake personas to access security footage of the apartment they were living in.

Taherzadeh has also agreed to testify in any trial or grand jury related to his crimes as part of the plea deal and will appear in court in November for an update on his cooperation.


Not all news on the site expresses the point of view of the site, but we transmit this news automatically and translate it through programmatic technology on the site and not from a human editor.
Back to top button