3 employees sickened by carbon monoxide at River North restaurant – CBS Chicago
| Local News | News Today
CHICAGO (CBS) – Chicago firefighters responded to a hazardous materials situation at a building in the city’s River North neighborhood on Sunday night, officials confirmed.
At approximately 5:30 pm, firefighters responded to an eight story building at 59 W. Large for Level 1 Hazmat due to high levels of carbon monoxide. The building is a mixed-use building.
READ MORE: More than 1,000 US flights canceled Sunday, delays continue Monday as workers sick from Omicron
According to the Chicago Police Department, three restaurant workers were transported undamaged to Northwestern Memorial Hospital by Chicago firefighters. Two of these individuals were in severe to critical condition and one was in fair to severe condition.
READ MORE: 2 dead, 22 injured in weekend shooting in Chicago
India House, a restaurant on the ground floor of the building, has confirmed it is closed due to an emergency.
NO MORE NEWS: SWAT teams respond to man holding woman hostage in Ford City
Firefighters have called on People’s Gas to help deal with the situation.
Breaking News Updates Google News 3 employees sickened by carbon monoxide at River North restaurant – CBS Chicago